Thursday, July 15, 2010

How to Make a Roux or What is a "Forever Life"

A precursor to a forever life moment usually starts with: I’ve got good news and I’ve got bad news. As events unfold the bad news often could have been so much worse and the good news often represents varying forms of relief. What you are left with in between is the roux… the wisdom and clarity of day to day blessings that we use as a basis for creating other good things. How you make your roux and what you do with it is up to you.

With this blogging adventure I hope to embrace and come to terms with my forever life (aka making roux). I am starting this project "mid-life" meaning: some stories have been told, some are not yet written and some are evolving as I type. True confessions, there is extreme anxiety associated with this project. While some have said I write well; others have only offered criticism and red ink.  Thus I usually try to avoid this kind of thing. However, having my thoughts digitized and gazing back at me from a faceless monitor are less fearful than the ones etched on paper.

So please be kind gentle readers...if all goes according to plan we'll all have a good time in and out of the frying pan.

No comments: