Friday, July 16, 2010

Literary License and the Road Less Traveled

Those of you, who know me, know I never do anything without a reason. In my last post I hinted the why of this blog. With this post I will attempt to tell you “why now”. Truthfully, I’ve attempted similar projects over the last two years…however they never really got off the ground. In part because I was doing them for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time and I lacked proper motivation.

Next weekend I will be attending my 30 year high school class reunion in Billings, MT. My original intent was to fly in and out…rent a car and call it good. However, two women of influence set the bar for epic road trips this summer and it got me thinking: “DANG, that sounds like fun…wish I could do that”. So thank you, Ms Linda Lou and Ms Nat, for your sweet inspiration.

OK gentle readers we've got a little fat, we've got a little flour....well you get the idea.  My upcoming epic road trip will be the first thematic arc chronicled in this blog. Over the next few days I will be introducing you to my supporting cast and sharing my preparatory neurosis and rituals before taking this show on the road. I hope you decide to come along…if nothing else to keep me on the straight and narrow or better yet take me off road. 

“It was a dark and stormy night…”

No comments: