Thursday, August 18, 2011

Places to go, people to see and things to do...

I’m itching for a road trip.  At this point I’d settle for a quick business trip to the north shore…but what I’d really like to do is to load up the car with tuneage, snacks and MB and hit the open road and spend at least a couple of weeks just roaming and utilizing photo-ops.  So not in the cards but thankfully, I have an overnight along the Cannon River coming up soon (perhaps it will generate a blog or two).  In the meantime I’m trying to find new experiences around the immediate area to add to my dance card this fall. 

One of my first thoughts was to look into the adult enrichment education offered via the community education program in my area.  I have a camera I want to learn to use better, I'm always saying I should try some different artsy, fartsy or craftsy stuff, or heaven forbid a dance class.  Anyway in the spirit of "JUST DO SOMETHING", off to the Internet I went.  The first thing I find is the likes of pilates with many variations and yoga in many variations.  While I know these would be "good for me", particularly the yoga, thankfully most are offered during the day (I work), or on days when I already have a commitment on at least one or more of the series.  

Checking out the various classes listed, here are some plausible possibilities: 
  • Belly Dance Blast
  • Laughter Yoga
  • Ghosts and Hauntings with Annie Wilder
  • Storytelling and Acting
  • Digital Photography Level 1
  • Kitchen Knife Skills
I've also found an all women's community based chorus that might be worth exploring.  I haven't had much of a will to sing since I lost Agnes, and after loosing my voice this Spring for two months I'm not sure I can carry a tune in a bucket anymore.  That said I figured, what the heck, I owe it to both Agnes and myself to at least check out a rehearsal and see what they do and how demanding the commitment level is.

I did sign up for a couple of "cheese" classes for this fall; I just wish a local wine shop would do something similar.  Next stop is to check out the local cooking stores or the yarn shops for educational inspiration.  I also want to take advantage of the public library's Museum  Adventure Pass Program and check out the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, the Walker and the Minnesota Zoo. 


There is so much I want to see and do and yet I'm limited by time and energy...if I could just figure out a way to live without the day job :-)  So what about you Gentle Reader, what's on your "To Do" list for this fall? 

No comments: